Bremerton Chamber of Commerce proudly presents the
Armed Forces Day Festival
POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the 2020 Armed Forces Day Festival and related events are postponed. The safety of our community, festival participants and visitors is of paramount importance to us. We look forward to celebrating the time-honored tradition of Bremerton’s Armed Forces Day Festival as soon as possible.
2020 Armed Forces Festival Bremerton Central Lions Charitable Foundation
Ambassadors Scholarship Program!
Become an Armed Forces Festival Ambassador!
This is your chance to represent your community by becoming a part of the 2020 Armed Forces Festival Bremerton Central Lions Charitable Foundation Ambassadors Scholarship Program! This program enables you to participate in Bremerton’s Annual Armed Forces Festival, which honors our friends and families serving in the military.
Simply complete the attached application and submit it along with three letters of recommendation, a copy of your high school transcript and a short essay (150 to 200 words) entitled “What Freedom Means to Me” and you are ready to go!
Applications must be received by the Bremerton Chamber of Commerce by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 10, 2020. Finalists will then be selected to participate in the 2020 Armed Forces Festival Bremerton Central Lions Charitable Foundation Ambassadors Scholarship Program.
The final event of the Bremerton Central Lions Charitable Foundation Ambassadors Scholarship Program will be held at Olympic College on Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 6:00 pm to kick off the Annual Armed Forces Festival. The Ambassadors will participate in the Kitsap Credit Union Annual Armed Forces Day Parade on Saturday, May 16, 2020.
2019 Armed Forces Festival Bremerton Central Lions Charitable Foundation Ambassadors Scholarship Recipients
AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
$1500 First Place
$1000 Second Place
$750 Third Place Place
$500 Fourth Place
$250 Fifth Place
$100 Best Essay
All finalists are provided opportunities to gain self-confidence, improve public speaking and social skills, meet civic, business and political leaders and develop the skills necessary for success in future endeavors.
AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be a resident of Kitsap County
- Be between the ages of 16 and 20 (as of January 31, 2020)
- Be a high school graduate, 2020 graduating senior, college student or career person
- Have at least 3.0 cumulative high school grade point average
- Be of good moral character
- Not have been convicted of any crime
AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FINALISTS MUST:
- Exhibit good moral character and not commit any actions that might cause embarrassment or adverse publicity to the program, sponsors or the Bremerton Chamber of Commerce.
- Agree to adhere to the directions of the Ambassador Program Committee with regard to behavior, wardrobe, appearance and general representation of the Chamber of Commerce. Members are not to wear official Ambassadors clothing without prior approval of the Ambassador Program Committee.
- Agree to participate in Armed Forces Day Parade on Saturday, May 16, 2020.
- Give permission to the Bremerton Chamber of Commerce to take photographs and/or video to be used in promotional material (newsletter, community guides, newspaper, etc.)
- Complete all appropriate forms and agreements.
Finalists will be notified by Friday, April 17, 2020.
2020 Armed Forces Festival Bremerton Central Lions Charitable Foundation Ambassadors Scholarship Program Application
Ambassador Scholarship Program Applicants may chose to download the paper application and submit it, along with all required, supporting documentation to the Bremerton Chamber of Commerce at 409 Pacific Avenue #207, Bremerton WA 98337. All applications must be received no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, April 10, 2020.
Applicants may also choose to complete and submit the application form below. Applicants completing the online form must upload the required, supporting documentation when submitting the web form.